Statement Of Faith
1. We believe in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original manuscripts (II Timothy 3:16). We believe that the Old and New Testaments not only contain the Word of God, but are the Word of God in their entirety, and are the final authority in faith and life (II Peter 1:21, II Timothy 3:17).
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:18-19, Mark 12:29, John 1:4).
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary (Matthew 1:20-23), and is true God and true Man (John 1:1, 14).
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26), that he sinned and thereby incurred not only the physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God (Genesis 2:17, 3:6; Romans 5:12); that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and are sinners in thought, word and deed (Romans 3:10–23).
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins to satisfy divine justice (Romans 5:9), was buried and bodily rose from the dead according to the Scriptures (I Corinthians 15:1-4). We believe that He died as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified by grace alone on the basis of His shed blood (John 3:16, Titus 3:5, Hebrews 7:25). We believe that those so justified are eternally preserved through the present ministries of our risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ and of the Holy Spirit (John 10:27-29, Hebrews 7:25).
6. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of, and indwelt by, the Holy Spirit and, thereby, become the children of God (John 3:3, 14:16-17). We believe that regenerate man must walk in dependence upon the Holy Spirit in order to please God (Galatians 5:16).
7. We believe in “that blessed hope” -- the personal return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (John 14:1-3, I Thessalonians 4:13-18), and in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the just, and the everlasting punishment of the unjust (I Corinthians 15:51-52, Revelations 20:11-15).
8. We believe that the Church, composed of all those who truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior, is the Body and Bride of Christ. We believe that Christ is head of the Body, the Church (Ephesians 1:22-5:22); that all believers are baptized into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit, and having thus become members of one another, we are responsible to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (I Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4:3).